THE OCEAN, THE MUSIC, YOUR SOUL


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

August 18, 2008

HARVEY'S DOLL

Daddy liked to tell us about a doll his brother Harvey had when he was still quite little. Harve wanted to sell the doll . He took it by the leg and walked up the street calling, "Doll for sale. Who wants to buy a doll? Doll for sale...... Ain't got no head."

Another day Grandmother Jackman sat on her front porch at the end of the day watching cars drive by. At the time cars were a bit of a novelty, they would have been called 'automobiles' I suppose. Grandmother was a bit awed at the heavy traffic on the street. "I've seen four automobiles drive past today," she exclaimed. "Four!!"

Daddy said he only had one birthday cake in his young life. Later on in life,he acquired a step-sister, Myrtle. She is the one who made him that cake for his birthday. He never forgot it, and his eyes always took on a happy shine when he told us about it.

2 comments:

JoAnna said...

Hahaha... I can just see a little boy trying to sell a headless doll. He probably didn't think there was anything wrong with it!
Grandpa used to tell me the story of the cars too. I probably didn't really get it until I was older. I wish I would have made him a birthday cake!

mudderbear said...

I have to admit to 'picking' a number on how many cars went down the road, but I'm very sure it wasn't more than five. If you remember how many he said, I would be very happy to change it here and get it right.